Technology enthusiast and advocate. Technology Solutions Specialist at Nestlé. University of Sunderland graduate.
Google Product Expert, Mentor and Local Guide, supporting Google Accounts, Assistant, Chrome, Chromecast, Drive, Files, Hangouts, Nest, Pixel, Search and Wifi.
||A website to show users how to send feedback about Google products, via the web, Android or iOS.
||A dashboard of links to useful university services for the University of Sunderland.
Technology Solutions Specialist | September 2018 - Present
- Taking ownership of and responding to requests and incidents for client, network, printing, telephony and collaboration services for all Nestlé UK and Ireland factory and office locations.
- Remote management of client and network devices correcting problems including, but not limited to, misconfiguration and device failure whilst adhering to change control processes.
- Responsible for the management and forecasting of capital expenditure required by the business to acquire, maintain, and upgrade IT assets.
- Market engagement lead for Office 365 services, empowering and enabling colleagues across the business to work more effectively and efficiently.
- Continuous focus on implementing various initiatives to directly improve IT customer service.
IS/IT Graduate | September 2016 - September 2018
2 year scheme, with 6 month rotations in various departmental teams across IT Customer Care, Digital and Technology Solutions. Responsibilities by team include:
- Customer Care: Operational/major issue management, communication management, change management and knowledge management.
- Digital: Work request and project management, system, service and data record auditing for company websites.
- Technology Solutions: Client, network, printer and telephony configuration, maintenance and issue resolution.
Infrastructure Support Analyst | June 2014 - August 2015
- Took ownership of and responded to requests and incidents for networks, server and telephony services for all Nestlé UK&I factory and office locations.
- Technical configuration, maintenance and upgrade of network infrastructure, such as switches, routers, wireless controllers, handheld scanners, servers and associated software services.
- Remotely managed client and network devices correcting problems including, but not limited to, misconfiguration and device failure whilst adhering to change control processes.
- Developed and documented appropriate troubleshooting techniques and guides for new and existing platforms and provided standard operating procedures by working with senior colleagues.
- Acted as an ambassador for Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business), training users on new collaboration tools and troubleshooting specific migration and usability issues.
- Responsible for disseminating new knowledge or feedback regarding product/service related issues to other colleagues and end users.
Product Expert | December 2011 - Present
- Responding to, troubleshooting and resolving customer issues with a multitude of Google products via a variety of Google support channels.
- Escalating critical issues, bugs and service disruption alerts to Google community and product teams.
- Mentoring other community members and Top Contributors, carrying out knowledge transfers, as well as providing tone and answer quality advice.
- Testing, evaluating and providing feedback on new features, devices and products.
University of Sunderland
BSc in Network Computing | 2012 - 2016
- Graduated with highest classification, First Class Honours
- Received the SIEM Prize for academic excellence in achieving the highest overall mark in Network Computing
- Dissertation titled "Automating a Group Project Self-Peer Assessment Process", 2016
Honors & Awards
- Commercial achievement award by Sage UK – development of an outstanding system involving invoice management (2014)
- Travel grants by Google:
- Global Google Top Contributor Summit in Mountain View, CA (2013, 2015)
- European Google Top Contributor Summit in Dublin, IE (2015)
- Local Google Top Contributor Summit in London, UK (2014, 2016)
- Regional Google Top Contributor Summit in Dublin, IE (2017)
- Global Google Product Expert Summit in Mountain View, CA (2018)
- Regional Google Product Expert Summit in Berlin, DE (2019)
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP; Ubuntu, Kali Linux
- IDE’s: Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Database Management: MySQL Workbench, SQL Studio 2008 R2
- Languages: ActionScript, ASP.NET, C#, Cisco IOS, CSS3, HTML5, PHP, SQL, VBA
- Desktop apps: Cisco VIRL, HP Asset Manager, VMWare
- Cloud apps: Office 365 Suite (incl. Forms, Flow & PowerApps), ServiceNow